The husband came up with this dish the other night, it was amazing so needed to share with you all!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb ground lamb
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can lentils
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water if needed
- Prepared shell pasta (or spaghetti squash)
- In saucepan, sautee carrots, celery, shallots in 1 tbsp of olive oil 5-6 minutes, add mustard and cook an addition 1-2 minutes
- Stir in lentils, 1/2 cup broth and cook down for 15 minutes
- In another pan cook lamb till brown. Drain fat then return to heat, add the other 1/2 cup of broth, and water if necessary.
- Mix both pans together. Pour or mix with your pasta or squash.
This is how all my meals end: