This is a go to side dish for me, it’s easy, no cooking required & I think it’s delicious!
I came across a cabbage salad, with toasted ramen & almonds (original recipe was something like this) back in college, and loved it… So this recipe has been like 7 years in the making. As with all my recipes, I’m not so much for measuring as I am for tasting and trying, so use this as a guide, rather than strict directions.
- 1/2 head medium cabbage, shredded (I like purple cabbage)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced (or about 20 baby carrots will work)
- 2-3 scallions, sliced thinly
- 2 oz. sliced almonds (toasted)
- 2 T sesame (or olive) oil
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar ( I love vinegar so go heavy handed here)
- 1 packet sugar substitute (such as Stevia)
- Adobo Seasoning
- Mix cabbage, scallions, carrots together in large bowl.
- Make Dressing – In separate small bowl mix oil, vinegar, sugar substitute and Adobo seasoning to taste (about a teaspoon). Stir and refrigerate.
- To serve, add almonds, Pour dressing mixture over salad and stir .